Application Process – Becoming a Certified Driving Instructor
At Decisive Driver, we view driving instruction as a vital duty. The State of Oklahoma shares this perspective. If you’re considering joining our team, here’s a clear breakdown of the steps involved in obtaining your certification as a driving instructor in Oklahoma.
Two Paths to Certification:
Path A: For College Graduates in Driver Education.
- If you’ve successfully completed both Driver Education 1, Driver Education 2, and three hours of General Safety in college and this is reflected in your official transcripts, your certification journey is more direct:
- Submit your application.
- Provide your college transcripts.
- Undergo background checks with both OSBI and FBI.
- Take the Predictive Index (clickable link). We use this tool to align you with roles where you’re most likely to excel.
Path B: For Those Without the Specified College Education.
- Step 1: Fill out the application provided. This captures your basic employment details.
- Step 2: Take the Predictive Index (clickable link). We use this tool to align you with roles where you’re most likely to excel.
- Step 3: Engage in a brief initial phone interview with our HR team.
- Step 4: Attend a more detailed phone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
- For successful applicants, the process continues:
- Step 5: Shadow a driver training session. You’ll observe from the back seat, gaining insight into teaching beginners.
- Step 6: Receive a link to upload necessary documentation for your certification.
- Step 7: Complete an online instructor training course. This includes required hours spent training with our seasoned instructors and being observed as you teach driving lessons.
Once your training is concluded and the background checks have been successfully passed, you’ll achieve your certification!
To embark on this journey, start by completing the job application provided below.